CE Marking Certification
The CE mark is a mandatory European marking for certain product groups to indicate conformity with the essential health and safety requirements set out in European Directives. The letters 'CE' are an abbreviation of ConformitÃ© EuropÃ©enne, French word for European conformity. The CE mark must be affixed to a product if it falls under the scope of 'New Approach' Directives of European union.
Without the CE marking, and thus without complying with the provisions of the Directives, the product may not be placed in the market or put into service in the fifteen member states of the European Union and Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. However, if the product meets the provisions of the applicable European Directives, and the CE mark is affixed to a product, these countries may not prohibit, restrict or impede the placing in the market or putting into service of the product.
The CE Mark is compulsory within the context of the application of EC New Approach Directives. Thus, CE marking can, be regarded as the productâ€™s â€˜trade passportâ€™ for Europe.
Advantages of CE Certification
- Your Product gets access to European Economic Area( 27 countries)
- If all harmonised standards are applied, The product becomes SAFE and BETTER in QUALITY.
- The product becomes more safe and visually more appealing
- The Instruction for Use becomes more userfriendly.
- Getting a Third Party Test Report against International Standards give you and your customer assurance of product quality.
- Many other countries have signed Mutually Recognition Agreement with EU making CE a world wide mark demanded by importers worldwide.
- Comprehensive risk assessment - improves your design process